Sunday, August 24, 2008

4 Years and Counting!

So the Olympics are over.

Man, these two weeks have just blown by. Not really but in any case, the Olympics are finally over. Sadly, this is actually the first Olympics I actually paid attention to and was intrigued by. '92, I wasn't even a functioning human yet. '96, I could care less, I was freakin' 6 years old. All I knew was that that Dream Team was unstoppable. '00, I was 10, I could barely give a shit about my hygene. Again, the most memorable moment was probably Vince Carter jumping over some one. Goodtimes.. And in '04, I was just entering high school. I was probably, I don't know, causing some mischief at like a movie theatre, and don't even act like you didn't at that age.

What I enjoyed the most about the Olympics was how everyone that watched a particular event just seemed to be an expert at it. For example, diving. No one in the fucking world watches diving on television. But when it's on the Olympics, everyone watches and critiques, says what's good or bad. But when it comes down to it, they have no fucking idea what they're talking about. Or even gymnastics, same thing. You probably watch that shit, wishing you were that flexible and every four years when the Olympics are one, you swear you could perform like that or know what you're even looking what to judge. I think that's what makes the Olympics special: the fact that every four years, everyone could be experts and judges are sports they only really watch every four years.

Anywho, what draws me to the Olympics, and don't judge me, is probably poor sportsmanship and disappointment. Misery loves that company, I guess. Like that British anchor for the 4x4 in track, before he crossed the finish line, he started waving his baton to the second and third place runners acting like he won something when in fact in was just the pre-lims. If I was second, I was beat that guy's ass in the bathroom or something. Or that judo guy that kicked the judge. That's just G, hats off to him. The wrestler who abandoned his bronze, kudos to you man, but atleast sell that on EBay, get a few bucks for it. I love poor sportmanship because it's everything the Olympics isn't about. And then there's the disappoint. The American softball team, way to go! Dominating the sport for the time it existed, not losing since '00, and the last game EVER, you lose. Yes! Tyson Gay, don't get me started. Just..look at your last name for crying out loud. Laura wilkinson, home girl, I'm sorry but you's too damn old. I just wanted to put you out of your misery.

And now I present to you, 3 of my most memorable Olympic moments.
3.
Beastly.
Who jumps over a seven footer?!

2.


From Dream Team to Redeem Team.
Just USA Basketball altogether is amazing.
Even the '04 Olympics, that wasn't our best team, and we still won bronze.

And finally..
1.

Thomas Finchum.
I don't think an Olympian has ever pissed me off so much.
Or even been that gay.
Jerome.
All Time.

No comments: